Unit 4
The practice exercise on Loving-Kindness is very interesting and I feel allowed me to experience a greater, heightened awareness and I truly felt an emotion I cannot name. I do find that this exercise is quite beneficial and recommend any and every one to try this exercise. I would not say it is difficult but for those who are not open to a new experience may claim ignorance and not worthy of their time.
A “mental workout” is maintaining mental health by exercising our mental health. Just as with our physique, if we do not exercise and workout, we become overweight, unhealthy, and even die to the lack of an active physical lifestyle. If we do not take responsibility on keeping our mind healthy, it may also determinate. It has proven throughout history and across diverse cultures and traditions (Dacher, 2006).
I will be implementing mental workouts to foster my psychological health by education and staying active and social. Education is a lifelong process and one cannot say they know all there is to know about things, because of the constant changes due to inventions and innovations. By staying active and maintaining healthy relations, it will only aid in optimal mental health.
-AngeL
Thank you for sharing your thought on loving-kindness. It was difficult to find the apporiate time and place to complete this exercise. The couple times I did I would have to agree with you on not really being able to describe the feelings that occured. What time of day was beneficial for you? Do you think you will use this in your daily routine after this class ends?
ReplyDelete