Unit 5
Hello Everyone,
Comparing and contrasting on the Loving Kindness exercise and the Subtle Mind exercise, it’s apparent that the Loving Kindness exercise takes on a more caring, reaching out, and a more total connection type of approach, where I find the Subtle Mind to be that more about the individual and finding that equilibrium or feeling of overall wellbeing. When I first went about the Subtle Mind exercise I was just as relaxed and still as with the Loving Kindness but without the directions of having to reach out beyond one’s self, I was left with more of an awaking of past memories and especially that of when I lived in Atlantic City, NJ, along the shore. With the sounds of the oceans, I actually did experience smelling the ocean from within my bedroom and I’m now where near an ocean or open body of water, but it goes to show how well we can experience things and recollect on them.
The connection of the spiritual wellness to mental and physical wellness, comes from our understanding of what we see, know, don’t see, and don’t know, and all of that plays a major roles in our overall health. With one’s develop throughout life and the experiences undergone, we come to an overall appreciation for the bigger picture of life. Starting from the body we master, to then understanding, is possible, the mind and finding ourselves to appreciate and understand all that we cannot see or are not able to make tangible. We've come to learn that from within we can heal and from that inner healing, we may become whole again.
-AngeL
I believe I had an easier time with the loving-kindness exercise because it was about focusing on others and not myself. The subtle mind exercise focused on me so I could not get into the exercise. As I practice it more often, it becomes a little easier. Many of us are better at giving and thinking of others, yet we neglect ourselves. These two exercises highlighted that for me. I need to care for myself so that I can then have what I need in me to also do my best for others when needed.
ReplyDelete