Sunday, August 11, 2013

Transpersonal Psychology

Hello Everyone,

         My name is Angel D. Mendez and welcome to my Blogger. Throughout HW420-1: Creating Wellness: Psychology and Spiritual Aspects of Healing I will be posting per the Syllabus this term. Hope you enjoy my posts and what I have to say.


Unit 2

         There is much to learn behind this type of relaxation, especially here in America in the big cities where there is so much go, go, go and less time to actually enjoy the moment. This form of relaxing holds true to the mind and body approach to healing, given the ability to actually control our own physiology. I believe after a long day we should practice this exercise and truly put ourselves into a much needed rest that can lead to a rejuvenated body for the next day. Below is a link to the exercise:

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you, I live in a big city and everything is so rush and packed it just causes more stress. Which turns around and effects your body, I think I need to make time to just clear the mind and find some healthy relaxation from the city

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is true. It is imperative that we find the time to relax. The rigor of the average daily routine can easily rob us of the vital time we need to regroup and refresh ourselves. If we are stressed and overtaxed, how can we be of benefit to those who count us on a daily basis?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angel,

    A busy lifestyle is one of the reasons I got into meditating. My stress levels were so high that I found myself getting sick frequently. After meditating for a couple of weeks, I found that my immune system was better. Stress is incredibility detrimental to our health!

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete