Monday, September 16, 2013

Current Trends and Research Supporting the Mind-Body-Spirit Paradigm

Unit 7

Hello Everyone,

            In practicing “Meeting Aesclepius”, I gained yet another heighted sense of awareness but this time I was engulfed in a physical sense of warmness all over. When asked to think of someone or something you cherish, honored, or made you feel happy, my mind went straight for the Sun. I felt alive, warm, energized, yet tranquil and I reached a sense of overall contentment and is something I want to foster in my everyday activities which contribute to my overall health and wellness. Though the Sun is anything and everything from calm and tranquil, I think channeling and focusing on this one element, allowed for me to engage stored energy and awareness. This exercise just like many which we have practice this term, are really aiding us in maintaining good health and allowing us to trigger mental states we have yet to understand.  
       
            
Describing the saying: “One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself”, is that a person cannot give advices, examples or answers if we have not sought out to solve the problem, that would be a contradiction or weak words to give in confidence. As health and wellness professionals we should lead by example and have answers to questions in line or in research for quality/intellectual knowledge.  


-Angel

3 comments:

  1. Hi Angel,

    I can understand you visualizing the sun and its warmth washing over you. I visualized my grandmother because she like the sun could brighten any day and fill you with warmth as well.
    Health and wellness providers need to live the lifestyle that they prescribe for their clients otherwise they are doing a disservice not only to their clients but also to themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angel,

    I strongly believe that what we focus our minds and thoughts on, we will get. I think the Sun was a great focal point for the exercise. Having experience as a health and wellness professional brings about such a greater level of credibility to the profession and believability to the client.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought really interesting how you went to Sun as your place, after having gone through the process, and reading how you pictured that I could really feel it and it brought me back to my place which is the beach.

    ReplyDelete