Monday, September 9, 2013

Exercises for Mind-Body-Spirit Wellness and Healing



Unit 6


Hello Everyone,

When going about the practice “The Universal Loving Kindness” exercise I found that I had rush of an overall filling of contentment, ease, and security. I can see those who are going through any current health issues may find the Integral Assessment discussed in chapter 11 as beneficial. Many people are scared to see a doctor and for that may lose a battle with a health ailment which may have been totally cured or treated. An area I chose to focus on growth and development is in my own personal life with my education and overall health. For the rest of my life I know I will be in some kind of educational setting, be it for continuing education credits or just to keep my mind active. Continuing to foster greater wellness in this area I know I will need embrace fully with maintaining still, and quiet time away from a bedtime setting. Also I can assure a long lived life by staying active, and staying far away from jobs which require you to be sitting for 6-8 hours a day. It’s just too unhealthy to have a desk job.

-Angel

2 comments:

  1. Angel,

    Having a balanced life is important in order to achieve wellness. I personally work long hours; however, am not bothered by it, due to the fact that I love what I do. Loving what you do is another important part of the puzzle. There are many people who focus on the financial aspects when choosing a career, but forget to take care of their inner self. It appears that you are on the path to achieving wholeness. Best of luck !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angel,
    Sounds like you have a plan and that is a step towards balance. I feel that education is an important key to growth. It (the setting) comes in the form of school, people, places, and things. I am in agreement with you. I think that having the seeking spirit of knowledge, it will continue to push me towards a healthier life.

    ReplyDelete