Monday, September 30, 2013

Personal Application of the Psychological and Spiritual Aspects of Healing



Unit 9


          It is important for health and wellness professionals to develop psychological, spiritually, and physically because as the experts and professionals we should be able to master and guide others through this process which will contribute to their overall quality of life and assist them to flourish. If a health and wellness professional is not able to achieve this heighted-level of awareness or existence, and not able to educate others, then they would not serve any do purpose. The areas I need to develop to achieve the goals I have for myself are in all three areas. One cannot think they are perfect, so to embrace all aspects of life and work on them on a routine basis, I can achieve true human flourishing. Psychologically I can embrace many practice set forth by Dacher. Spiritually I know that there is a higher power out there, or even that we are all made up of the same thing and that’s energy. So channeling good energy, will only allow for good to come my way. Physically I need to continue keeping the body taught and in good shape. Respecting out bodies is something many need to be aware of; over eating in this country is a major disrespect to individuals and their own bodies.


          I have assessed my health in each domain by the many exercises we have practiced and did reviews on. They have shaped my overall thinking and behavior towards myself. There we many opportunities during the exercises to actually take a look at how we have lived in our daily lives and how many adjustments were needed to achieve human flourishing, by just letting go of all negatives and things that make us suffer. Scoring my wellness spiritually is at an 80%, physically, 75%, and psychologically 85%. I give myself these scores because I know I am not perfect and there is much work that needs to be done so I can achieve full potential.


          Strategies I can implement which will foster growth in my physical, psychological, and spiritual growth will be to allow time for self-awareness, physical and mental exercises. Physically I can work-out and maintain my own personal maintenance. Psychologically I will implement many of the exercises taught by Dacher and all the greatness that each practice brings. Our very life is energy and how we channel our energies result in the over quality of life we experience. Spiritually I know that life is more than what we can see, smell, and feel. Understanding our place in the universe and how every action we take plays in the very intricate web we are all in.


          Maintaining an active log with serve a great purpose in documenting each practice or even for just writing what comes to mind and how I feel. My exercises needed to be added in a schedule which will assure that I utilize the little 24 hours we have in a day. For the next six months and at the end of each month I will review my data and analyze my current state. How have I been feeling? Am I improving in physical fitness? Are Dachers exercises helping?

          HW420: Creating Wellness: Psychological and Spiritual Aspects of Healing is an amazing course and I highly recommend and advise everyone to take this course or a course similar to it. This will only aid in your own personal development and growth.






-AngeL




1 comment:

  1. Hi Angel, I enjoyed reading your assessment, At this point of your journey do you know which of mental exercises you will implement to bring the most fulfillment? Also, document after each practice is an excellent method to access your progress, it is my plan to use this technique with myself and clients as well. Thank you so much for sharing and continued success on your journey.

    ReplyDelete